Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tuning the Cigar Box Guitar Strings

The final post in creating your first cigar box guitar is finally here. Hopefully the guitar sitting before you is something you take pride in, as any craftsman should take pride in his work. You've done a great job of following the steps up to this point. If you'd like to later, send in your finished guitars and I'll feature them in their own exclusive posts on the blog!

Once again, thank you for taking time to learn about the wonders of the cigar box guitar. I hope it was a truly eye opening experience, to be able to take part in the creation of a musical instrument, and I hope this first guitar of yours is one of many to come.

I've taken the liberty of preparing this final step in podcast form, mainly because it will make the process easier to understand for those who have never tuned a guitar before, or even tuned an instrument in general. In this podcast I take one of my own cigar box guitars, detune it, and walk you through bringing yours and mine up to an Open G tuning, the standard tuning of a cigar box guitar. Listen below:

No comments:

Post a Comment